Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2 weeks(or more, or less)

I'm exactly 2 weeks away from my due date! Yippee!!! I'm so anxious/nervous/excited to meet this little girl. I've been a slacker and haven't updated for a while so here is what we have been up to the last month or so.

I'm still working full-time at work. 7 days on/ 7 days off. It's been great. It keeps me busy and keeps me active. I'm pretty tired by the time I get home but I feel very fortunate to have had a great pregnancy that is allowing me to work as much as I have.

Cam is also still working hard! I'm sure he is just as wiped out when he gets off work, although his ankles aren't swollen like mine when he gets home. :) He has also been a great about getting things done around the house. He is just so helpful!

At my 36 week appointment the Doctor said I was dilated to a 1 and starting to efface. I didn't get too excited about this because many people, including my mom was dilated to a 2 for a few weeks.
At my 37 week appointment he didn't check me but was certain she would drop by the next visit.
At my 38 week appointment(Monday) she still hadn't dropped but I'm now dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced. So things are moving along. I haven't had any strong contractions, just some mild crampiness. But the Doc says that crampiness is still helping things move along. He estimates I will deliver anywhere from 7-14 days. Who knows. I think this little baby is very content in her little home right now. I think she will be here close to her due date.

We had two baby showers in the last month. It was so much fun. She is one spoiled little girl!!!!! She has so many clothes. Cameron's brother and his girlfriend just had a baby last August. They live out in California and they were so generous and sent us all their 0-3 month old clothes. After adding those to what she already had I had 4 full laundry loads of 0-3 month old clothes. WOW! I hope she gets to wear all of them before she gets too big.

Her room is ready, the house is (mostly) ready, the carseat is in the car, our bags are packed, we are just waiting for our little Adalee to get here.

No comments: