Thursday, April 16, 2009

Almost done

Clinicals are winding down. I have this week off then I have 3 more days at the hospital and then clinicals are officially done!!! I go back to school April 27th to take my final exam,do my exit interview and finish up odds and ends at school. WOW! I'm so close to being done with school. I have learned so much and am so greatful for such a supportive husband who put off his school so I could finish.

I love being at the hospital. I'm learning so much. I pretty much followed my clinical instructor for the first week or so getting used to the hospital setting and patients. After week one I was on my own(well for the most part) I now have my own case load every morning. I also got to see 3 surgeries while at the hospital. The first one was a Total Knee Revision. It was SO interesting. Not a lot happened though. They just replaced one part in the knee. The other two were the best. I got to see they remove a metal rod from a patient's femur and then I got to see a Total Knee Replacement from start to finish......You all should be SO proud of me, I didn't pass out! I'm sure the OR staff is greatful for that also. The guys at the hospital were taking bets on wether I would pass out or not. They totally thought I would pass out or at least get sick and have to sit down. haha. I guess I'm tougher than I look. :)

I'm so excited to be done but not excited that I don't have a job yet. I'm a little frustrated because I thought by now I would have something all lined up. Many companies are not hiring because of the economy so my job options are slim to none right now. I know I will eventually find a job but I always had this thought of me already having something ready to go as soon as I graduated. I'm kind of bummed. What am I going to do with my life until I find a job? I guess I will either get a new hobby or my house will be really really clean. I was telling Cameron last night that I think this is the first time in my life since Kindergarten that I haven't been in school or working full time. Really I can't think of a time in my life that I wasn't either going to school or working and in about 2 weeks I will be going back to my pre-kindergarten years with nothing to do. haha.

P.S. if any of you hear about any Physical Therapist Assistant jobs let me know! :)

No comments: